The stars came out Tuesday night (March 6) to get a sneak peek at the latest exhibition, American Currents: The Music of 2017, displayed at the Country Music Hall of Fame.
The brand new exhibit takes a look at some of last year’s most significant moments in country, Americana, and bluegrass music. It will be open to the public on March 9.
The 2017 class of American Currents will be represented by artifacts from Jason Aldean, Brothers Osborne, Kane Brown, busbee, Luke Bryan, Shawn Camp, Eric Church, Dave Cobb, Luke Combs, Rodney Crowell, Florida Georgia Line, Fort Lonesome, Ashley Gorley, Sierra Hull, Sam Hunt, Jason Isbell, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Lori McKenna, Maren Morris, Josh Osborne, Jon Pardi, John Prine, Thomas Rhett, Marty Robbins, Amanda Shires, Sturgill Simpson, Taylor Swift, Randy Travis, Molly Tuttle, Keith Urban and Chris Young.
One Country’s Kelly Sutton hit the red carpet on Tuesday night to catch up with a few of the artists that find themselves included in exhibit in the hall.
“So excited for a lot of reasons,” Chris tells One Country. One, some of my stuff in in the Hall of Fame. I’m totally going to take advantage of that right now. Anytime anyone asks me, until this exhibit goes down, I’ll be like, ‘Yeah, I’m in the Hall of Fame. It’s fine.’ It’s so cool to be here. Also, not only a part of this with all the people that are involved in it, I’m right next to Marty Robbins. That was the guy for my grandad. Being there and having my stuff here and part of that exhibit and in that spot is really special.”
According to the Hall of Fame, some artifacts that will be represented in the exhibit include:
- Jason Aldean’s Entertainer of the Year trophy from the ACM Awards in 2017
- TJ Osborne’s (Brothers Osborne) 1962 Kay archtop electric guitar
- Luke Bryan’s denim jacket, T-shirt, and jeans worn when he performed “Light It Up” at the 2017 CMA Awards
- Maren Morris’ fur coat worn on the cover of her album Hero
- Josh Osborne’s Song of the Year trophy from the CMT Artist of the Year Awards in 2017, for “Body Like a Back Road.” He cowrote Sam Hunt’s chart-topping hit with Hunt, Zach Crowell and Shane McAnally.
- Thomas Rhett’s AllSaints bomber jacket, worn at the 2017 ACM Awards, where he performed “Craving You” with Maren Morris
- Chris Young’s Dolce & Gabbana jacket, pocket square and vest worn when Young joined the cast of the Grand Ole Opry in 2017
- Keith Urban’s Single of the Year trophy for “Blue Ain’t Your Color,” presented to him at the 2017 CMA Awards