The album’s name comes from Lake Texoma on the Texas/Oklahoma border, a lake where the 41-year-old has spent many fun times hanging out. Keeping to that down-home feel as a theme for the album, one standout track is “At the House,” written by Jamie Moore and Craig Wiseman.
“‘At The House’ is, I think, part of the reason I decided to name the album Texoma Shore,” said Blake. “I was spending a lot of time this past summer out on Lake Texoma. There was one week in particular where it was just Gwen and I out there just basically hanging out. We finally had some time off, so we went out on the water every day, went back up to the house every night and just had one of the greatest times of my life. We were listening to this song and relating to it and realizing, ‘Man, this is one of those summers that we’re always going to remember.'”
To help round out the the album, Blake enlisted the help of some of country’s top songwriters for the project, including Ben Hayslip, Josh Osborne, Craig Wiseman, Dallas Davidson, Ross Copperman, Rhett Akins, Ashley Gorley and more.
Blake’s current single and lead track off the album, “I’ll Name the Dogs,” is currently at No. 13 on the Billboard Country Airplay after only 6 weeks.
Texoma Shore Track Listing:
1. “I’ll Name the Dogs” – (Matt Dragstrem, Ben Hayslip, Josh Thompson)
2. “At the House” – (Jamie Moore, Craig Wiseman)
3. “Beside You Babe” – (Abe Stoklasa, Mark Trussell)
4. “Why Me” – (Ashley Gorley, Dallas Davidson, Ross Copperman)
5. “Money” – (Craig Wiseman, James Bailey, Ryan Ogren)
6. “Turnin’ Me On” – (Blake Shelton, Jessi Alexander, Josh Osborne)
7. “The Wave” – (Josh Osborne, Ross Copperman)
8. “Got the T-Shirt” – (Matt Jenkins, Jessi Alexander, Chase McGill)
9. “Hangover Due” – (Craig Wiseman, Matt Dragstrem)
10. “When the Wine Wears Off” – (Ashley Gorley, Rhett Akins, Ross Copperman)
11. “I Lived It” – (Ashley Gorley, Ben Hayslip, Rhett Akins, Ross Copperman)