I love blueberry muffins and I love cheesecake, so this is pretty much the best of both worlds combined! They’re so much easier to make than you might think, and are perfect for an on-the-go treat.
Cheesecake-Stuffed Blueberry Muffin Recipe:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (see Cook’s Note)
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. fine salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- For the filling, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and granulated sugar in a bowl until combined, then transfer to a plastic bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the batter, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs.
- Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture until combined, then fold in the blueberries.
- Place liners in a muffin tin and coat with nonstick spray, then fill each cup 3/4 of the way full with batter.
- Snip the corner off of your plastic bag, then insert the tip into the center of each muffin and squeeze the cream cheese mixture into the . batter.
- Repeat with all muffins, then sprinkle the top of each with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown on the top.