I love chicken and waffles, and I love nachos, so what’s not to love about this recipe? But truly, it’s the perfect mix of salty and sweet and will kind of make you feel like you’re playing with your food, which is always fun.
How To Make Chicken and Waffle Nachos:
- 1 lb. frozen breaded chicken breast
- 2 boxes frozen toaster waffles
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375. Spread frozen chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Divide waffles between two large baking sheets and bake until toasted, about 6 minutes.
- Cut waffles into small wedges (to make “chips!”)
- Cook bacon like normal, then break them into small pieces.
- Divide toasted waffle wedges and cooked chicken breast between the baking sheets and toss to combine.
- Whisk together honey and hot sauce in a bowl until combined, then brush onto the chicken.
- Sprinkle cheddar and bacon on top, then bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot!