How To Make Chicken Parmesan Grilled Cheese:
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 slices white or sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. marinara
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 3 oz. fresh or frozen breaded chicken, cubed
- A few torn basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread a tablespoon of marina sauce on the unbuttered side of one slice, then top with 3/4 cup of mozzarella, Parmesan, chicken, and basil.
- Top with another slice of bread, buttered side up.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sandwich until crispy (about 5 minutes).
- Spread remaining 2 teaspoons of marinara sauce on top of the sandwich, then top with remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella.
- Broil in the oven until cheese is melted and golden.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan and pepper and serve hot!