Craig Morgan is celebrating the simple life.
In a time when we are quarantined in our homes due to the coronavirus pandemic, Craig is giving us a bit of sunshine and fun look forward to. In a new lyric video for “Sippin’ On The Simple Life,” shared exclusively with One Country readers, Craig reminds us that we can be happy simply being ourselves and enjoying the simple things in life.
“I’ll drink my drink and I smoke my smoke / I talk the way I talk and I walk the way I walk / I raise my glass and I toast my toast / party all night yeah I’m sippin’ on the simple life,” he sings in the chorus.
The carefree and uplifting song came about in an unusual way for the artist. The “Redneck Yacht Club” singer teamed with songwriter Michael Rogers (that’s not the unusual part) and a pair of active duty Army Airborne Rangers, Justin Wright, Andrew Yacovone, for an impromptu writing session (that is).
“This song came together after a show with the USO in Washington DC. Justin and Andrew are both Army Airborne Rangers and they came up to me and said ‘We want to write a song with you tonight,’ Craig told One Country. “I joked and told them it doesn’t work that way, but me and my bandleader Mike sat down with those guys, we all ordered a round of drinks, and we wrote this song. Not long after they were deployed to Afghanistan. I really love how it turned out and when I called to tell them I was putting it on my record, they about lost their minds.”
“Sippin on The Simple Life,” featured on Craig’s upcoming ninth studio album, God, Family, Country (out May 22), represents Craig’s first new music in nearly four years and is the perfect way to kick off the upcoming summer months.
[RELATED: Craig Morgan Brings Kelly Clarkson and Guests to Tears With Emotional Performance of “The Father, My Son and the Holy Ghost”]
“This album is based on everything that’s happened in my life and my career,” Craig says. “I feel like I have some of the most quality songs I’ve ever recorded, and there is a new energy here. After all I’ve been through, I’m at one of the most inspired places I’ve ever been.”
In addition to new music, Craig premiered his new docuseries, Craig’s World, on Circle Network earlier this month as new episodes air every Thursday at 8pm/7pm central.
God, Country, Family is out May 22.
God, Family, Country track list:
1. “The Father, My Son and The Holy Ghost” (Craig Morgan)* – avail. March 27
2. “Soldier” (Gavin DeGraw)*
3. “Going Out Like This” (Craig Morgan, Michael Rogers, Korey Hunt, Sam Banks)* – avail.
4. “Whiskey” (Anthony Smith, Sarah Beth Terry)*
5. “Sippin’ On The Simple Life” (Craig Morgan, Michael Rogers, Justin Wright, Andrew
Yacovone)* – available April 24
6. “God, Family and Country” (Craig Morgan, Craig Morris, Lance McDaniel)**
7. “That’s What I Love About Sunday” (Adam Dorsey, Mark Narmore)**
8. “My Kind Of Woman” (Craig Morgan, Phil O’Donnell, Jason Sellers)**
9. “Almost Home” (Craig Morgan, Kerry Kurt Phillips)**
10. “Lotta Man (In That Little Boy)” (Craig Morgan, Phil O’Donnell, Tim Owens)**