I could without a doubt eat Mexican food every day for the rest of my life if no one was there to stop me. Or if I lacked any self control. With that being said, I’m always on the lookout for new ways to incorporate Mexican-style dishes into our weekly menu, and this recipe might be one of my favorites!
Easy Crock-Pot Stuffed Pepper Recipe:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 c. shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 c. cooked white rice
- 1 c. frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bell peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 tbsp. Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Sour cream, for serving
- Combine beef, beans, tomatoes, 1 cup of cheese, rice, corn, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and oregano in a large bowl.
- Stir until ingredients are combined, then stuff peppers with the mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers in your Crock-Pot (open side up) and cook on high for 3 hours.
- When peppers are tender, top with cheese and cover on low for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro and serve hot!