If you’re looking for the tastiest (and easiest) potlicker (or potlikker) recipe, look no further! It’s packed with vitamins and minerals, so whip this up next time you’re feeling under the weather and enjoy!
Easy Potlicker Recipe:
- 1bunch collard greens
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2slices smoked bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock (or vegetable broth)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- Cherry Tomatoes for topping (optional)
- Remove ribs from the collard greens, wash and chop.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat and add bacon and onion.
- Sautee until bacon is done and onion is translucent (about 5 min).
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, then sautee for 2 more minutes.
- Add water and increase heat to high, bringing to a boil.
- Turn back to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, sugar, vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the greens, then simmer over low for 50-60 minutes.
- Add pepper and remaining butter, then add salt to taste.
- Serve with hot sauce and cornbread and enjoy!