It looks like Kane Brown’s experiment is working. The Georgia native’s sophomore album, Experiment, debuted at No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart.
The honor puts Kane in good company. He becomes only the third country artist to debut on the all-genre chart in 2018, following in the footsteps of Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood.
“I kind of felt pressure because the first album did a lot more than what I was expecting,” Kane told Ty, Kelly & Chuck of releasing his sophomore album. “With this one I wanted to make the show better. So I just did a bunch of different instruments and melodies and upped the tempo to a couple of the songs, just to add some more good live show songs.”
In addition, Kane’s sophomore album puts him in the history books once again, making him the only male country artist to debut on top of the Billboard 200 with a sophomore release in 24 years. The last country artist to do so was Tim McGraw with Not A Moment Too Soon in March 1994.
But it doesn’t stop there for the “Heaven” singer. Experiment also debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart with 124,000 units sold. Kane Brown is on a roll, with no signs of slowing down.
Experiment Track Listing:
1. “Baby Come Back to Me” (Kane Brown/Chase McGill/Matthew McGinn/Will Weatherly)
2. “Good as You” (Kane Brown/Brock Berryhill/Shy Carter/Taylor Phillips/Will Weatherly)
3. “Lose It” (Kane Brown/Chase McGill/Will Weatherly)
4. “It Ain’t You It’s Me” (Kane Brown/Brock Berryhill/Josh Hoge/Taylor Phillips)
5. “Short Skirt Weather” (Kane Brown/Chase McGill/Will Weatherly)
6. “Homesick” (Kane Brown/Brock Berryhill/Matthew McGinn/Taylor Phillips)
7. “Weekend” (Kane Brown/Chase McGill/Will Weatherly)
8. “Work” (Kane Brown/Sam Ellis/Josh Hoge)
9. “One Night Only” (Kane Brown/Corey Crowder/Josh Hoge/Matthew McGinn)
10. “My Where I Come From” (Kane Brown/Chase McGill/Matthew McGinn/Will Weatherly)
11. “American Bad Dream” (Kane Brown/Sam Ellis/Josh Hoge/Chase McGill)
12. “Live Forever” (Sam Ellis/Jon Green/Laura Veltz)