This recipe is easy to make and can be prepared a couple of days in advance (or months– see the note below the recipe!) so you can prepare it on Sunday (or whenever you have some free time), then throw it in the oven when you’re ready to eat it! That Pioneer Woman really knows what she’s doing.
The Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Spaghetti Recipe:
- 1 whole raw chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 lb. thin spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Two 10 3/4-oz. cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then add chicken pieces and let them boil for a few minutes, then turn the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the broth water, as well as 2 cups of the broth water to set aside.
- Once the chicken is cool, remove the skin and pick out the meat.
- Cook spaghetti in the chicken broth until al dente, then combine with the chicken, mushroom soup, 1 1/2 cups cheese, green peppers, red peppers, onions, seasoned salt, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in 1 cup of reserved chicken broth, adding more if needed.
- Place mixture in a casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.**
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.**