Walker Hayes is used to getting up early in the morning. The Alabama native used to work the 4 a.m. shift at Costco to earn a living and he and his wife are expecting their seventh child. With no sleep in sight, he stopped by the “Today” show early this morning (Dec. 11) to promote his recently released album, boom.
Released on Dec. 8, boom contains 10-tracks written or co-written by Walker, including the lead single, “You Broke Up With Me.”
Hoda and Kathie Lee took a moment to talk to the young singer about his booming career (pun intended). “We’re excited. We’re so excited about this album and everything,” he told the co-hosts before breaking into the lead single, “You Broke Up With Me,” which is currently No. 17 on the Billboard Country Airplay chart.
Walker is looking forward to 2018 where he will be hitting the road with Kelsea Ballerini on her Unapologetically Tour and heading into his first-ever headlining tour Good As Gold in Feb.
1. “Beautiful” (Walker Hayes)
2. “Shut Up Kenny” (Walker Hayes, Pete Good, AJ Babcock)
3. “You Broke Up With Me” (Walker Hayes, Thomas Archer, Kylie Sackley)
4. “Halloween” feat. Nicolle Galyon (Walker Hayes, Nicolle Galyon)
5. “Dollar Store” (Walker Hayes, Scott Stepakoff)
6. “Beer In The Fridge” (Walker Hayes, Shane McAnally, Matt Jenkins, Scot Sherrod)
7. “Beckett” (Walker Hayes, Shane McAnally)
8. “Mind Candy” (Walker Hayes, Thomas Archer)
9. “Prescriptions” (Walker Hayes, Matt McGinn)
10. “Craig” (Walker Hayes)
boom is out now.