Once again, an entire episode of “Nashville” has aired and entire plotlines and characters have disappeared. Juliette and Avery must have gotten lost on the way home from church and Will is on tour, maybe? Did Rayna buy Luke Wheeler’s record label? So many questions.
“Nashville” Season 5, Episode 7: Maddie Explains, Rayna and Deacon Write a Song, Juliette Got Lost on the Way Home From Church
1. Deacon has finally started writing new songs about Rayna, but of course, Rayna has a few things to say about it.
2. How do these two not know where they kissed for the first time?
3. Gene Buckholder?
4. I love that Rayna doesn’t want ol’ Gene filming the TV room.
5. Scarlett, can you just be for just a second? Can you just chill?
6. That video is going viral! Scarlett is not going to be happy.
7. Poor Gene. Rayna just told him to get B-roll of pies in the kitchen.
8. Maddie thinks she can spend the night with her boyfriend just because Rayna and Deacon go to bed at 9:30.
9. Rayna and Deacon’s best scenes happen when one of them is asleep and the other is awake.
10. Oh, look at this– Hoda and Kathie Lee flew to Nashville to film an interview.
11. Of course Scarlett is going to this dinner alone. And of course this guy is going to woo her.
12. Kind of wish we could just have evil Jeff Fordham back instead of this guy. He was way hotter and way more demented.
13. Okay, let’s be really honest– who would ask Deacon for help with a printer? No way. No way. Not believable.
14. “Maybe you scared yourself.” I’m going to throw up, Scarlett. Please don’t do this.
15. So, is Juliette stuck in that church or something? Physical therapy?
16. GENE ON THE LOOSE.
17. What if you were at a bowling alley and Faith Hill and Tim McGraw showed up? That’s kind of like this.
18. I wish Maddie wasn’t giving advice to Daphne.
19. Rayna and Deacon are literally making out in an alley while Maddie is engaging in unknown activities.
20. That damn cake is on fire.
21. Oh, Maddie, you really did it this time.
22. “Baking” is going to mean something totally different from now on.
23. Rayna is the most badass human on the face of the planet.
24. Scarlett is learning things about herself.
25. This is ridiculous. Are they going to kiss in the rain?
26. NO. NO. NO.
27. Whoa, Rayna. You need to slow down here.
28. Why hasn’t Deacon ever been to therapy?
29. Is this really about songwriting? How did things take a tune so quickly?
30. Scarlett is now admitting she “felt something” for that guy. But, he’s gone, so it doesn’t matter.
31. Oh, heaven help. No 17-year-old should give advice on being in love.
32. Maddie’s description of love sounds like “Silence of the Lambs.”
33. Rayna and Deacon are very dramatic and could really benefit from couples’ therapy, I think.
34. Man, that door is really getting in the middle of these two.
35. Is it “her-icane”?
36. Please say it’s “her-icane!”
37. Scarlett telling Gunnar to grow up is the greatest thing to ever happen on this show.
38. Of course, Damian is texting Scarlett while she’s getting busy with Gunnar. That’s the only way it works, I think.