The 4th of July is a great time to get together with friends and family. It’s a time to celebrate all of the things that make America unique and you know, eat a hot dog, drink a beer and watch some fireworks.
But, like any good celebration, especially celebrations that involve fire and alcohol, a 4th of July party can turn into a 4th of July hospital visit faster than the piccolo part of “Stars and Stripes Forever” if you aren’t celebrating properly and with caution. We’ve all had that one friend who uttered “Freedom!” one too many times during the day and suffered some kind of grievious injury re-enacting the Battle at Bunker Hill.
And with that experience, here are a few things that you probably don’t want to hear during the celebration of your independence, because it’s probably time to shut it down.
10 Things You Don’t Want To Hear At Your 4th of July Party:
1. “Oh hell, they look done enough.”
2. “Don’t be scared,” followed by, “I dare you.”
3. “Where’s the fire extinguisher?”
4. “Here son, hold this.”
5. “Are you still on parole?”
6. “That’s okay, I’ll just sleep right here.”
7. “You think he’s breathing?”
8. “Where is the nearest emergency room?”
9. “You wanna fight?”
10. “We’re out of beer.”