Can’t get those kiddos in your life to eat their veggies, especially brussels sprouts? Add flavor to the vegetable with these hearty and delicious skewers. After all, bacon and cheese can fix almost any recipe.
- 400g brussel sprouts, washed
- 1 tsp oil
- 13 slices streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- Put the sprouts in a large saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook for 6-7 on a high simmer until they are just starting to soften.
- Drain the sprouts and place them on a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, fry the slices of streaky bacon in a little oil, just a couple of mins on either side. We want them to be starting to crisp but not completely crispy.
- When the bacon is cooked, remove it from the pan and drain on some kitchen roll.
- Take some wooden cocktail skewers and skewer on a sprout. Add the very edge of one of the slices of bacon, add another sprout and skewer the bacon again. Repeat with a third sprout.
- When all of the sprouts and slices of bacon have been skewered add some grated parmesan.
- Serve immediately.