From my broke college days to my busy adult life, my microwave has always been there for me. It’s been the answer to my late-night cravings and my hero during last-minute meal prep. And for the nights when I’m hangry and don’t want to wait for the oven to heat up.
Homemade lasagna is actually pretty easy to make–the waiting is the part that usually takes the longest. But this microwave lasagna recipe is easy, fast, and is perfect for an on-the-go lunch, quick dinner, or meal prep!
How To Make Homemade Lasagna In Your Microwave:
- 1 (15–16-ounce) container part-skim ricotta
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed in paper towels to remove excess moisture
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/4 cups grated mozzarella (about 9 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (about 2 ounces)
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, trimmed, sliced 1/4-inch thick, divided
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Put ricotta, spinach, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, if using, pepper, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, and 1/4 cup Parmesan in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Take 1/2 cup marinara and spread it evenly on the bottom of a baking dish. Place 2 lasagna noodles on top, and coat with 1/2 cup marinara. Put half of the ricotta mixture and half of the mushrooms on top and repeat with 2 noodles, 1/2 cup marinara, and remaining ricotta mixture and mushrooms.
- Top with remaining 2 noodles, sauce, and 3/4 cup mozzarella. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. Parmesan.
- Cover dish with parchment, then cover again with an overturned large microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high 15 minutes. Carefully check to see if noodles are tender; if not, re-cover and microwave in 1-minute bursts until tender.
- Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Very carefully remove parchment. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining 2 Tbsp. Parmesan and serve.