No matter how many people attend my family’s Thanksgiving each year (or how many times we go back for seconds), we always manage to have an obscene amount of leftovers. Don’t get me wrong— I love a Thanksgiving turkey as much as the next gal, but eating it for the next 10 meals after Thanksgiving can get a little old.
This year, put those leftovers to use with The Pioneer Woman’s leftover turkey and swiss panini recipe! It’s easy, simple and is the perfect way to get rid of all of that extra food.
The Pioneer Woman’s Leftover Turkey and Swiss Panini Recipe
Ingredients (yields 4 sandwiches):
- 1-1/2 cup leftover turkey (shredded)
- 1/2 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of jam
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices of swiss cheese
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- Spread Dijon mustard and jam on all bread slices.
- Top with shredded turkey.
- Mix together cranberry sauce and pecans and spread over the turkey.
- Top with swiss cheese.
- Top with the other four slices of bread.
- Spread both sides of the sandwich with butter and toast in a panini press (or a skillet, pressing with a spatula).
- Slice in half and serve!