If you are a true
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup fan, then this recipe is tailor-made for you! Creamy peanut butter filling topped with a sweet chocolate layer; you can get your Reese’s fix but with out having to shell out money for just two pieces!
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s quick and easy and you can make enough to satisfy your craving without
baking. Then you can freeze the remainder to save for a rainy day or pull out when you need a dessert but don’t have the time to make anything.
Feel free to change the type of chocolate you use for your very own one of a kind bar!
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 10 tbs butter
- 1 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1 c milk chocolate or semi-sweet chips
- Line an 8″ or 9″ pan with aluminum foil or grease well in order to remove bars with clean edges.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 5 tbs of butter. Stir in brown sugar, powdered sugar and peanut butter.
- Mix well and press into pan.
- Wipe bowl clean and melt chocolate chips and remaining butter. You can either do this in the microwave and do 30 second increments (stirring after each increment) or you can place a heat resistant bowl in a pan of water and slowly bring the temperature up until both melt and you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour over peanut butter mixture and spread evenly.
- Chill until completely firm; overnight is best. Store in refrigerator or you can freeze for up to 2 months.