I hate to pit two of my favorite people against each other, but when it comes to queso, there’s no room for favorites– it’s all about the cold, hard facts.
The folks over at Delish put The Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond’s queso recipe up against Joanna Gaines’ recipe and judged them on overall taste, appearance, and texture. Joanna’s recipe calls for tons of heavy cream and lots of cilantro while Ree’s calls for breakfast sausage and Velveeta. Ultimately, Ree’s recipe took home the win with the Delish taste testers, but both recipes are worth trying!
Ree Drummond’s Queso Recipe
- Brown the sausage and onion in a large nonstick skillet, breaking the sausage up as you go. Once browned, drain off some of the fat.
- Chop the cheese block into cubes and add along with the diced tomatoes and green chiles and chopped green chiles, juice and all.
- Cook over a low heat until it all starts coming together. Then stir in the diced jalapeno. Serve with chips.
Get Ree’s new cookbook, “Come and Get It” here.
Joanna Gaines’ Queso Recipe
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 can Pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 3 cups heavy cream
- Chopped tomatoes (1-2)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 block Velveeta
- Sautee jalapeno slices and chopped onion in a tablespoon of butter.
- Add heavy cream and Velveeta and stir until melted.
- Add beans, tomatoes and cilantro and stir well.
Get Joanna’s new cookbook, “Magnolia Table” here.