Every Sunday, I sit down to plan out our meals for the week, and I’m always on the hunt for something new and fun that won’t take up a ton of time or energy– because let’s face it, the last thing I want to do after work is come home and cook for 3 hours.
This skillet-roasted lemon chicken recipe is easy to follow and makes for a perfect light weeknight meal you can whip up in a little over an hour !
Ina Garten’s Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken Recipe:
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 yellow onion, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (4-pound) chicken, backbone removed and butterflied
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- Juice of 1 lemon