I love when slow cooker dishes can look fancy (as opposed to soupy) and still taste great, and this Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala from Creme de la Crumb does not disappoint. Check out the step-by-step instructions in the video and make this yummy meal soon!
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about ½ teaspoon of each)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sweet marsala cooking wine (may sub chicken broth in a pinch)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Lightly greasy your slow cooker with nonstick spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top chicken with garlic, mushrooms, and marsala wine. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken to a plate. Whisk together water and cornstarch til dissolved, then pour into slow cooker and stir.
- Add chicken back to slow cooker, switch heat to high, cover and cook another 20-30 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.