I’m always looking for inventive ways to use my slow-cooker, and this recipe might be my favorite one yet! It’s easy to make and perfect for the next time you just really need a humongous chocolate chip cookie (which is always, right?)
How to Make a Slow-Cooker Chocolate Chip Cookie:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Large pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Using 4″-5″-inch strips of parchment paper, line the bowl of your slow cooker in an “x” formation.
- Use an electric mixer to beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in egg and vanilla.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours (or low for 5-6 hours), or until the cookie is almost cooked through and slightly soft in the center.
- Remove the bowl from the slow-cooker and place on a rack to cool.
- Use the parchment paper to remove the cookie, slice and serve!