I don’t have much else to say about this recipe other than YUM! I love spinach artichoke dip and I love a good soft pretzel, and this recipe gives you the best of both worlds!
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Pretzel Recipe:
- 3 tubes refrigerated French bread dough
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1 c. chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 c. frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- kosher salt
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 c. warm water
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Coarse salt
1. Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese with sour cream, artichoke hearts, frozen spinach, garlic, mozzarella and Parmesan. Season with salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
3. Divide each dough into 6 pieces to make 18 pieces total. Stretch and roll each piece into a long rectangle. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the spinach artichoke mixture into the center of the dough. Roll the dough tightly, making sure no cheese is exposed, into a tight rope. Twist and shape the rolls into a pretzel shape and transfer to prepared pan.
4. Add baking soda to a shallow bowl filled with warm water. Whisk until the baking soda is dissolved. Brush baking soda solution onto each pretzel. Let set until the pretzels have dried, about 10 minutes, then brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with parsley and coarse salt.
5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until pretzels are golden. Serve and enjoy!