Key Lime Pie is the perfect summer dessert and Pioneer Woman has the best recipe for you! We just can’t get enough of it. Whether it’s family dinner in or your neighbor had a baby – this is the absolute best summer pie!
FOR THE CRUST:
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c. bottled Key lime juice
- 1 tbsp. grated lime zest (from about 2 limes), plus more for garnish
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 ̊. For the crust: Combine the graham crackers and granulated sugar in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Pour in the melted butter and pulse until the crumbs are well coated and stick together when pinched. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake until just set, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- For the filling: Whisk the egg yolks, condensed milk, lime juice and lime zest in a medium bowl until combined. Pour the filling into the crust and bake until the center is set but still slightly jiggly, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Spread on the pie and garnish with lime zest.