We all know New Year’s resolutions are never (ever) kept. They tend to seem super attainable on January 1, but by around January 2, all hope of accomplishing your new goals has crumbled. Because of this, I thought it would be fun to create of list of resolutions that should be made by the over-50 crowd and will hopefully be kept past January 2.
Keep in mind, this list may not be applicable to everyone in the over-50 demographic. This article is based solely on my personal experience.
5 New Year’s Resolutions That Should Be Made After the Age of 50:
1. If you are over the age of 50, you should resolve to learn how to set up your own technology such as your iPad, iPhone or computer. You can’t always rely on your children or grandchildren to stop by to help.
2. It’s time to stop reminding your adult children about daily tasks such as taking their medicine, going to the dentist or separating their laundry properly.
3. Please stop looking for comfortable shoes that are also stylish. They don’t exist.
4. Try to quit sharing political, religious and celebrity death rumor posts on Facebook. (Even if you checked it on Snopes.)
5. Learn how to properly caption your social media posts. If you are unsure how to do this — hire a tutor to help you out. (Ahem, the best social media tutors are under the age of 19.)
Hope this helps!
Image Source: Big Stock