This list is not a bucket list. Most bucket lists you see are predictable, too realistic, conservative, and— to be honest— a little boring. This list is a challenge. It contains all the things most men thought they couldn’t do because it was “impossible.” They are sort of things that you see on TV but assumed no one ever really did them.
Let’s be honest, life is short. Far too short to do everything, see everything, learn everything, and experience everything we want to experience, so we’re forced to narrow it down. So if you’re bored of the standard bucket list, tired of simply attempting what’s possible and safe, and want to try something different, this list is for you.
50 Things Every Man Needs to Try Before He Dies:
1. Be the absolute best in the world at something
As described as such by reputable source.
2. Get something named after yourself
Building, road, bridge, or a park are a few that come to mind.
3. Change one person’s life for the better
And don’t tell anyone about it.
4. Become Fluent In At Least 4 Languages
English, Spanish, Mandarin, and French are a few starters.
5. Run a Marathon. Better yet, run 7 marathons, on 7 continents, in 7 days
Seems impossible, I know, but it has been done.
6. Run an Ultra-Marathon
7. Run a sub 6-minute mile
8. Do 100 consecutive pushups
9. Do 200 consecutive squats
10. Do 50 Consecutive Pull-ups
11. Do a Planche Pushup
Then do 10 consecutively.
12. Do a Freestanding Handstand Pushup
Then do 10 consecutively.
13. Learn to Slackline.
14. Visit all 50 states
Most are a lot closer than you think.
15. Do a cross country road trip
Write a book about it.
16. Sail around the world
Prove to everyone that the world isn’t flat.
17. Visit Every Continent (North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, Antarctica)
Do something ridiculous while there.
18. Swim in Every Ocean (Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Arctic, Southern/Antarctic)
Collect a shell from each one.
19. Travel abroad for a year without returning home
Once you done that, do it again for another year.
20. Obtain dual citizenship with another country
What’s stopping you?
21. Make a pilgrimage
Jerusalem, Rome, Mecca. There is Stonehenge or Machu Picchu. For nature-worshippers it could be an African savanna or Amazonian rain forest. For music-lovers it could be La Scala or Bayreuth.
22. Experience at Least One Safari
Out of the vehicles, on foot, one-on-one with nature.
24. Throw tomatoes during La Tomatin
25. Participate in the Día de Muertos
26. Watch the Palio di Siena
Known locally as Il Palio in Siena, Italy.
27. Experience the Running of the Bulls
In Pamplona, Spain.
28. See the Northern Lights
In Churchill, Canada.
29. Attend Coachella
In Indio, California.
30. Attend Exit
In Novi Sad, Serbia.
31. Attend Splendour in the Grass
In Byron Bay, Australia.
32. Attend Bonarroo
In Manchester, Tennessee.
33. Attend Tomorrowland
In Boom, Belgium.
34. Attend Fuji Rock
In Yuzawa, Niigata Prefecture, Japan.
35. Attend SXSW
In Austin, Texas.
36. Attend Mardi Gras
In New Orleans, Louisiana.
37. Attend Carnival
38. Take a digital detox and go without the Internet for a month
Can you make it two months?
39. Go without a car for a month
What about no car for a year?
40. Start your own business
Create a 7-figure company.
41. Start a business incubator
Help out those that need a helping hand.
42. Start an international company
What’s wrong with going global?
43. Learn to Surf
44. Bike across America
45. Watch an Eruption
Try Stromboli, Italy.
46. Conquer the Colorado River in an Open Dory
47. Hunt for Hidden Treasure.
48. Do a Thru-Hike
There are always the classics — the Appalachian Trail and the Pacific Crest.
49. Climb a Waterfall
A frozen one, that is.
50. Swim from One Landmass to Another
Why? You could always do it for the exercise. Or you could simply do it for the hell of it.