Your morning routine is what kicks off your day meaning everything hinges on it. One of the questions that many women face regarding their morning routine is the issue of when to shower. Good news! There is no solid answer. It is solely a personal preference.
What’s best for you depends on your routines, your likes and dislikes and even your body’s natural rhythms.
Showering in the Morning – Pros and Cons:
- Gives you a burst of energy and increases blood flow. Some people say they can skip morning coffee if they shower first. We aren’t on board with that.
- It can relieve muscle tension. If you wake up with a stiff neck or a sore back a hot shower can help you relax.
- It’s perfect for oily skin. If you have a tendency to get a little shiny, washing your face off in a morning shower will do wonders.
- Your body regenerates itself while you sleep, washing away those toxins can make you feel more refreshed.
- You will have less time to sleep in.
- You have to dry and style your hair.
Showering at Night – Pros and Cons:
- Saves you a lot of time in the morning giving you more time to sleep in.
- It’s a great way to relax after a hard day at work.
- For those with small kids, it’s like a mini-vacation from the evening chaos.
- You won’t have to wash you sheets as often as you get into bed perfectly clean.
- It can break your natural sleep rhythms.
- If you have trouble sleeping, a shower may make it more difficult for you to fall to sleep.
Take a pick, the choice is up to you!
Photo Credit: Big Stock