Summer evenings are longer and meant to be spent outside. Take advantage of this quick and delicious recipe and make the most of the evening with your family!
- Kosher Salt
- 1lb Cheese (or cheese & spinach) tortellini
- 1/2 lb Bacon, cut into 1/4 to1/2 inch pieces
- 2-3 tsp minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 5 oz. Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (preferably fresh)
- 8 oz. Burrata cheese (or fresh mozzarella)
- Cook tortellini, follow package instructions. Drain and return to the pot.
- Fry bacon in an even layer and then transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Using the pan with the bacon fat, sauté the garlic and red pepper flakes for 2-3 minutes.
- Add white wine to the mixture and bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss in the tortellini, spinach, parsley, bacon and parmesan.
- Add the burrata (or mozzarella) and spoon the heated sauce over to warm the cheese.
- Break up the cheese and let it melt into the pasta.
- Serve immediately.