Look forward to coming home (even more than you usually do) with this simple crockpot roast recipe. This recipe makes natural gravy, meaning you can serve it alongside vegetables for the perfect one pot meal. Try it out sometime soon.
- ½ lb sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 onion halved and sliced
- 3-5 lb beef chuck roast, trimmed
- 1.5 oz pkg garlic and herb sauce mix
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 14.5 oz cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Place all ingredients except for cornstarch in crockpot. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. In a cup, combine cornstarch and water, then pour into crockpot. Cook on high for 20 to 30 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Serve and enjoy.