Nothing quite beats a well-grilled hot dog on a summer day. There’s a reason why it’s a staple in so many outdoor parties, get-togethers, and gatherings. Unfortunately, that means they can also be overdone at times. Who wants to eat ketchup, relish, and mustard every single time you bite into a hot dog? Not us! That’s why these Hawaiian hot dogs with mango salsa are our new favorite way to serve the dish. Try these at your next cookout, lunch, or dinner. You won’t be disappointed.
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded minced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- 6 Hebrew National Hot Dogs
- 6 hot dog buns
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced
Combine mango, tomato, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, honey, and salt. Set aside.
Preheat grill to medium high heat. Add hot dogs and cook until golden brown (usually about 3-4 minutes).
To assemble, add hot dogs to buns and top with mango salsa and avocado. Serve immediately.