Summertime, the season of kicking back relaxing, and enjoying the late evening sun. There is nothing better than a drink and watermelon for those firefly-filled nights, so why not put the two together? Spiked watermelon can be eaten on its own with a spoon or added to a cocktail for a fresh twist on an old favorite. You can even turn the watermelon into a keg and drink it straight out of the rind.
- 1 round watermelon, the more spherical the better
- 1/2 bottle clear liquor (rum, vodka, etc.)
- Cut a small circular hole in the top of a round watermelon. Remove the pug with a corkscrew. don’t throw it away.
- With a long spoon or meta skewer, break up some of the fruit to make room for the alcohol. You may have to pour out some of the juice.
- Add the alcohol. You can do this by either adding small amounts at a time through a funnel or inserting the bottleneck into the hole and letting the bottle sit a spell.