Over the years, brussel sprouts have gotten a bad rap.
As a child, they were used as a punishment tactic: “Clean your room or else you eating brussel sprouts for dinner, young lady!” I spent the majority of my adolescence avoiding them at all cost. In fact, I wouldn’t even going near the little green buds up into my late twenties — until I tried this recipe.
Now, I am a brussel sprouts believer. Maybe it’s because bacon and caramelized onions cover a multitude of sins, or maybe it’s the combination of all the flavors. Regardless, after trying this recipe, you too will be a brussel sprout believer.
The Brussel Sprout Recipe that will Change Your Life for the Better:
- 1 lb. bag of brussel sprouts
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375
- Slice the brussel sprouts in half and, after coating in olive oil, place on a cookie sheet.
- Place the sprouts in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
- Chop the onion and cut the bacon into small, bite size pieces, heat over medium/high on the stove top.
- Once the brussels are done in the oven, add them to the onions and bacon.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for another 5 minutes.
- 10 minutes and they’re ready to go!
Image Source: BigStock