Sometimes you’re looking for the perfect tangy side to serve with that steak or hamburger for some added zest. It’s hard to imagine anything without meat, but sometimes you might just be craving a delicious salad, sans the meat. Whatever your purpose, this delicious salad fits the bill. It only takes about 10 minutes to make, and it’s pretty much amazing. Try it out.
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 15-ounce can hearts of palm, drained and sliced into ¼ inch rings
- ¼ cup thinly sliced or shaved red onion
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ tablespoon red vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Mix tomatoes, palm hearts, onion, and parsley in a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl, blend vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper together until sugar is dissolved. Pour over tomato mixture and mix. Serve at room temperature.