Potato salad, pasta salad, salad…salad. We have pretty predictable salad choices when it comes to picnics and cookouts, and most of them are predictably bland. Sometimes you want something a little better than that. For times like that, we have this delicious tortellini salad spiced up with pepperoni, olives, onions, and peppers. A lot better than your traditional plain pasta salad. Try this one and never look back.
- 10 oz. small or medium cheese tortellini pasta
- 1 (5 oz.) package mini pepperoni
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (3.8 oz.) can, black olives, drained
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup jarred mild yellow banana peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pepper to taste
Cook pasta. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Set aside.
Add vegetables together in a large mixing bowl and toss. Toss with cooked pasta. Add dressing and cheese and toss all ingredients together.
Refrigerate and serve chilled.