In the midst of all of the reboots and sequels happening, this is one we want to get behind.
During a press event for the Television Critics Association on Wednesday, July 25, actress Jane Fonda said plans are in the works to make a sequel to the 1980 movie, “9 to 5.” “Right now, Dolly, Lily and I are all intending to be in it,” she said at the event. Fonda will reportedly be the film’s executive producer and will play her original role of Judy Bernly.
According to Today, rumors began circulating earlier this year that a sequel could be in the works after 20th Century Fox expressed interest in having Rashida Jones work on a script with Patricia Resnick, the original “9 to 5” screenwriter.
If you haven’t seen the original movie, it follows the lives of three women, played by Dolly Parton, Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin, as they worked 9 to 5 jobs under a chauvinistic boss. “I’m sorry to say the situation is worse today,” Fonda said at the event. “Today a lot of the workforce is hired by an outside company. Who do you talk to if you have a problem?”
No word on when the film might be released, but we can’t wait to hear more!