We all know those people who never think food is spicy enough. My husband is always adding peppers or hot sauce to his food to give it an extra kick– but this cheese ball recipe doesn’t need it!
Make this for your next get together and warn your guests that it’s not for the faint of heart (or the faint of tastebuds, I guess).
Extra-Spicy Jalapeno Popper Cheeseball Recipe:
- 1 8-oz. brick cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 3 to 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeños, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled cherry peppers or jalapeños, finely chopped plus 1 tablespoon of their pickling liquid
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup fried onions
- 1/2 cup dehydrated jalapenos
- Crackers, chips for serving
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, pepper jack, scallions, jalapenos, pickled peppers (with juice), hot sauce, cayenne pepper, and a 1/2 tsp. of both salt and pepper in a bowl and blend well.
- Form the mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill until firm, about 1-2 hours.
- Put fried onions and dehydrated jalapenos in a large Ziploc bag and smash it into small pieces to create a “crust” for the cheese ball.
- Remove the cheese ball from the fridge, unwrap it, and roll it in the fried onion mixture until coated.
- Serve with crackers and chips or veggies and enjoy!