There’s nothing better than a hot meal on a cold evening, but who has time to prep something like pork carnitas during the week? You! Because you have an Instant Pot!
Pork Carnitas Tacos Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup onion thinly sliced
- 5 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 3 pounds pork shoulder boneless, Boston butt, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 14 Corn tortillas 6-inches
- 2 1/2 cups tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges optional
- Combine orange juice, onion, chipotle chili powder, cumin, salt, and garlic in a 6-quart Instant Pot. Add pork, tossing to coat.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Turn the steam release handle to Sealing position. Press Manual; select High Pressure, and use [-] or [+] to choose 29 minutes pressure cooking time. When time is up, turn cooker off. Open the cooker using Natural Pressure Release.
- Remove pork from cooker with a slotted spoon; shred with 2 forks to measure 4 3/4 cups meat. Remove and discard any chunks of fat.
- Spread pork in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan or broiler pan lined with foil.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid in cooker; discard fat. With lid off, press Sauté, and use Adjust to select “More” mode. When cooking liquid comes to a boil, turn cooker off.
- Press Sauté, and use Adjust to select “Normal” mode. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
- Preheat broiler. Drizzle pork with 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Discard remaining cooking liquid, or set aside for serving, if desired. Broil pork 3 to 5 minutes or until pork is browned and edges are crispy, turning pork occasionally.
- Heat tortillas in microwave according to package directions. Spoon 1/3 cup shredded pork mixture onto each tortilla. Top each with about 3 tablespoons tomato and about 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.