Looking at the words beer cheese soup, is there anything not to like? This recipe is perfect for those chilly nights where all you want to do is put on a pair of sweat pants and eat some comfort food (i.e. every night at my house). Break out your Crock-Pot or slow cooker, or make it on the stovetop and serve hot with some bread or crackers for dipping!
Slow Cooker Beer Cheese Soup Recipe:
- 1 (32 oz.) carton chicken broth
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle beer (we use ale or lager)
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- Place carrots, celery, onion, beer and chicken broth in your slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add heavy cream and cheddar cheese and stir.
- Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted.
- If you want a smoother consistency, blend the soup in a large blender before serving. If you prefer the vegetables to be in chunks, serve immediately!