I’ve mentioned before that I love my Crock-Pot, especially during the cold winter months. This recipe is easy to make and will give you a perfect, hot meal to come home to after a long day.
Slow-Cooker Corn Chowder Recipe:
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cup canned corn
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 3 cup Shredded chicken
- 1 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp. chives, for garnish
- Combine potatoes and flour in your slow cooker, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth, corn, thyme, basil, and onion powder.
- Cook on high for 3 hours (or until potatoes are tender).
- Stir in chicken, cheese, milk and cream until cheese is melted.
- Cook for another 10 minutes, then enjoy topped with pepper, bacon and chives.